Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly recommendation.

+12
plug_tits
vapacersfan
Trader Joe
balloon's Mom
The Toxic Avenger
balloon
cdash
Pig Nash
N8R
heywoode
sig
Los Angeles
16 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

A friendly recommendation. - Page 11 Empty Re: A friendly recommendation.

Post by The Toxic Avenger Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:41 pm

I checked out the new site. Good work.

Any news? Anything I can do to help?
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by bellisimo Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

regarding the monetization of the site...here is an idea.

Instead of trying to make money from the forum directly, we could always create a sub domain which can be a money generator...where we are affiliate partners with various items/etc...things that we have used before and can stand behind it...

so lets say you're talking about food/cooking...then you can create links to the cooking section of the "online store" where people might be interested in buying it directly online with regards to spices, cooking pots, etc instead of going out and shopping for it.

Just a thought.

bellisimo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I have some opinions about the look of the site and how I think it SHOULD look. I know you guys are still working so I'm not complaining but I didn't know where else to discuss these things.

Do I have any say regarding anything or have I been voted off the island?
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:30 pm

YOU MAY NOT SPEAK, TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

What are your opinions?
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Well I opted for short and sweet. I had a big long post that came off as whiny and made it seem like I hate LA... which I don't... I just don't know him well enough.

There is a NEED in me to be involved and have a stake in this project so that I KNOW it will reach its FULL potential. If I sit back and screw around while others do the work I'll have no one to blame but myself when the site fails to live up to MY expectations.

The future of this site and its people are important to me and I want to give everything I can so it can grow and flourish.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by btowncolt Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Uh, what's the website address? Is anyone allowed to look yet?
btowncolt
btowncolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:46 pm

TA, I know we haven't hung out much, but I want you to know that I've always thought you were awesome!

Right now, it's all nuts-and-bolts hockeypuck stuff going on. What we're going to need most from everyone is a solid round of posting and support. Come by and share a story, share your progress on a goal, share your latest concert-going experience or travels. And of course, DISCUSS the posts that others have shared.

THAT is the real work.

Make no mistake, this site is not owned. It is being hosted, and I took on a sort of initial "leader" role just to get the idea off the ground. But I ain't boss. There will be a team of admins, sure. They can delete posts and ban trolls. But the community will have its own voice and be able to find that voice organically (a lot like Market Square did).

TA, your opinion is ALWAYS welcome! I just beg that you reserve judgement on the look of the site until you see the banner. That's where the color will be, the rest is understated so that the board will be readable and the members posts, pics, avatars and other content will take CENTER stage.
Los Angeles
Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks LA... I AM awesome. Wink

And I know that you do good work so I'm not worried about THAT I just wanted everyone to know how important this is to me. Honestly, as far as "ownership" the only person that I'd trust with the site is Sweabs. Its not a slight against anyone else just a vote of confidence in Him.

If I think of anything OR if someone needs help with something let me know. I'm going to think of a few topics and projects that I can start in order to generate buzz. I'm open to suggestions but a few that I've been interested in are cooking, video games, and song writing/instruments. Does that fit with what everyone else was envisioning for the site?

Keep up the good work everyone!
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by btowncolt Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:09 pm

btowncolt wrote:Uh, what's the website address? Is anyone allowed to look yet?
btowncolt
btowncolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

infullpursuit.com

It's currently locked however.

And by the way, I've got an unofficial policy of not spamming PD members. this shouldn't be a rivalry and PD is still important to me. I haven't yet spoken to hicks about any of this, and I don't want to get banned over a misunderstanding regarding the beginning of a board that has very little content overlap.

If you want to invite a PD member, ask for thier facebook or email, then let them know outside of PD's walls. That's perfectly reasonable. If they aren't known enough to you to give them your email or facebook, they should be off limits.

And YES - the board is open to anyone, and that includes every member of PD, admins included. It's the only way this thing will work. No secret forums, no bull. Everyone will be given a chance to participate.

And by the way, The official launch will be next week, so keep your lids shut for now please!
Los Angeles
Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:56 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:Honestly, as far as "ownership" the only person that I'd trust with the site is Sweabs. Its not a slight against anyone else just a vote of confidence in Him.
Your cheque is in the mail.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Los Angeles wrote:
And by the way, I've got an unofficial policy of not spamming PD members. this shouldn't be a rivalry and PD is still important to me. I haven't yet spoken to hicks about any of this, and I don't want to get banned over a misunderstanding regarding the beginning of a board that has very little content overlap.

And YES - the board is open to anyone, and that includes every member of PD, admins included. It's the only way this thing will work. No secret forums, no bull. Everyone will be given a chance to participate.

A great point.

Just my opinion, but no matter what you say or do, Hicks will not care. He does things his way, and he really does not care about anyone else. That may be harsh, but that has been my experience. I hope I am wrong and who knows, maybe we even get people from PD to come over to the site.

Cheers,

-VA

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum