Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comfort Foods

+9
Doddage
sig
plug_tits
GO!!!!!
The Toxic Avenger
Trader Joe
Ms. Piggy
btowncolt
balloon
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Comfort Foods - Page 4 Empty Re: Comfort Foods

Post by balloon Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Agh - me a n00bie. Me need free!
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Shut up sweabs.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Seriously though...

If someone answered the question 'why are you a vegetarian' with nothing more than a poorly phrased argument about it being the right choice, then I'd have to commend them at some level for wanting to do what is right. Would I prefer they look into what is right for themselves, instead of relying upon what you're saying is being framed as 'cool'? Sure. But if the kids these days are relating coolness with morality, then that is allllllright in my book.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by btowncolt Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm a vegetarian so I look cooler while I drink PBR and cry on the inside.
btowncolt
btowncolt

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:15 pm

What is PBR?
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Sweabs, but if you ask them why it is the right thing to do, they cannot give you a well thought out answer.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by GO!!!!! Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd agree with Both TJ and Balloon, there is nothing worse then a answer that is flimsey or because it is.... I have content for people have an opinion and then back it up by saying "because it's true", "because it is"..

arrggghhhh... over 200 years facts have been changed to suit who ever had the biggest gun or budget at the time...

having said, can't fault anyone that tries to be a vego even if they are basing the choice on a fad or being hip... what happens in ten years who knows.... like being in a wheel chair and car crash... no one knows what can happen in ten years or even tomorrow that can change all of our lives in a significant way...

What are Cows closest relatives ? that will help deciede if they have a place in the world and I think people could have been milking cows before eating cows ? or am I wrong.. either way Milk Cows will always be needed, just ant enough goat & soy milk to go around...

I can't see any of the recipes, can some one please repost them please for the semi retarded people like me....

GO!!!!!
GO!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Trader Joe wrote:balloon, but if you ask them why it is the right thing to do, they cannot give you a well thought out answer.
This could be attributed to any number of things, though. Maybe it is because they are unable to construct good arguments and/or sound reasoning. Maybe it is because they haven't given it much thought. Maybe it is because they made an emotional decision after watching a film or something of the like? Just because they are unable to articulate why, does not necessarily imply they do not have the right intentions in mind.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by GO!!!!! Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm

balloon wrote: Maybe it is because they made an emotional decision after watching a film or something of the like?.

Good Point... I call it the car crash syndrome..

I once witnessed a car crashed in to the bank on the side of the road one cold morning driving to work.. I was behind 1 car and another was like 50 yards up the road.... for the next 2 mile, both cars proceeded to annoy the crap out of me becuase they drove like 20 MPH under the speed limit..... 2 mile on, they sped up and proceeded to drive as they did before the crash...

People say Goldfish have short term memory issues... people are worse.... it takes a real person to make a long term commitment and many ideas and thoughts happen.. then just get lost behind real worries, money worries or the desire for a quick meal...

can't fault em.. just a personal observation of live in the 2000's....

People have short term memories on many issues and that's life...

GO!!!!!
GO!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Eh, I'm just gonna back out of this one sweabs. It's just kind of hard to explain, for someone like me who strives to have an opinion on just about everything, for someone to do it, just because and then to think they are BETTER than you because of it drives me nuts. This seems to be the prevailing thought among a lot of the veggie heads I've met. Not only are they all veg, but they want YOU to know they are all veg and what a decision it was for them. Great, I get it. You went vegitarian, now if you want to share an awesome recipe or why or the benefits by all means ramble on and on and I will listen, but don't just keep telling me how you don't eat meat, and that makes you an awesome person. That's just annoying.

(The you's aren't directed at you personally sweabs but towards the general group of veggie heads that irritate me.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by btowncolt Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I just made cinnamon rolls.
btowncolt
btowncolt

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Point taken, Monsieur Joe. If people are going to place themselves on some pedestal and proclaim a holier than thou attitude, I can understand the frustration. That is annoying in any context. Particularly if you believe the person has not adequately thought-through the matter.

One could perhaps relate this to the guy/girl who wants to tell you about how great their religion is...and how it means they're an amazing person. Yet, when you question their beliefs, they come back at you with little more than "well...I just know this gets me into heaven and you're going to hell - kk gg thx pwnt".

However, if the vegetarian is trying to articulate some moral justification for their choice - but not doing a great job of it - then that is different than the unstructured/unreasonable 'holier than thou' attitude with very little to back shit up.

Btown needs to check his PMs.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 am

Btown needs to stop being a little bitch!

Brownies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by sig Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm slowly becoming a sort of quasi-vegetarian. Not because of any particular moral stance (I go back and forth on that - though I think most industrial meat processing is pretty clearly unethical), but because I want to live well into my 80's, and it doesn't seem like eating meat regularly will make that possibly. Nuts, greens, beans - I'm slowly making those things the staples of my diet. I'll still have meat rarely, but I no longer accept the American idea that meat (especially red meat) should be a staple. If at all possible, I want to be writing when I'm 80+, and a more nuts/berries/etc. diet seems to be the way to go.

sig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Man, right now I am CRAVING a nice Cheeseburger... A bacon cheeseburger with all the fixens like a Hardees thickburger or a Whopper...

:drool:

I want it so bad...

Talk about a comfort food.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Doddage Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Qdoba, pizza, ice cream. Ah, if only obesity and heart problems weren't a factor.

Doddage

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Mmmm Qdoba... they make a mean Gumbo... their tortilla soup is so good... so good....

If only humans were designed to run on these tasty staples.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Secret caramelized onions recipe I think I perfected tonight.

Vidalia Onions
Minced Garlic
Sugar
Olive Oil
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Worcesthire Sauce

It's a flavor bonanza. Eat them by themselves, eat them on a steak (how it was prepared tonight), eat them on a burger....just awesome. Super oniony, but also lots of other stuff going on like a less soupy french onion soup is how I would describe the flavor, and if you love onions like I do, you would enjoy preparing them like this. I cooked them in a grill pan next to the steaks. Make sure you cook them slow, and really let them break down and caramelize. Keep an eye on them and give them good movement so they don't burn and you will not be disappointed.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am

Om nom nom nom... that would go well with a nice sausage!

It sounds amazing.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 am

Breakfast for Dinner.

Pancakes and Bacon are wonderful.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Brinner!

So, anyone else like hummus with pita chips for a good yummy snack?
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by bellisimo Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:22 pm

hummus is great if its done right.
there are so many variations and people that try to make it good...but unfortunately even though it might seem easy, they manage to mess it up.

bellisimo

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

You know what is great? Bruschetta. Very very very very very tasty. I thought I would hate the stuff when I first saw it but man do I ever love it.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Dry cereal (yuck but it healthy) or rice

I am a SUCKER for beef jerky though. Just found a great site. www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com Best beef jerky I have EVER had

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm

N8R wrote:You know what is great? Bruschetta. Very very very very very tasty. I thought I would hate the stuff when I first saw it but man do I ever love it.

Agreed.

It is funny because I am slightly allergic to tomatoes, but man I love bruschetta

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum