Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Knicks

3 posters

Go down

New York Knicks Empty New York Knicks

Post by N8R Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:21 am

I like them. They have been my fav since 99 and in the top 5 since I started liked the NBA back in the early 90's. Glad they are finally putting a team on the floor this year instead of clearing cap space. Would be nice if Chris Paul's comments that he made at Carmelo Anthony's wedding came true about a big three (Paul, Anthony, Stoudamire) playing together in New York. I might shat my diaps if that actually happened.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

New York Knicks Empty Re: New York Knicks

Post by balloon Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Do you really think the Knicks are on the right path just because they've signed Amare? Perhaps I'm not a big enough fan of Amare's game; but to me, that is a very large contract and there still isn't much of a supporting cast. Plus, Amare is a great offensive talent, but we've only ever seen him playing alongside Nash...who happens to be one of the best point guards the game has seen. Furthermore, Amare plays absolutely no one-on-one defense...probably shouldn't matter too much in D'antoni's system, but it's still an absurd thought when you think about how much money he is making.

You Knicks fans are a bunch of dreamers - always imagining what things 'could' be like!
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Indeed we are. No i do not believe Amare is the answer (he is no Iverson), but at least they are willing to sign some players now and get some talent into the city. I like the players they got for David lee. Anthony Randolph is just starting to show some signs as a great roll player and possibly more, Turiaf is a bum but he provides some energy in the same vein as JYD, and then Azubuike is a good enough player.

They signed felton (overpaid for him) who has shown some good signs of being a solid PG in the league and then they got this big Russian Centre, Timofey Mozgov, coming in.

I mean obviously it would be nice to have landed Bosh, Wade or Bron but that didnt happen so at least they are trying to get better. I just want a team that is going to have the chance to compete and the better they get the more players will actually want to play there.

Gotta have some hope after 9 losing seasons.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by btowncolt Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Stupid Knicks.
btowncolt
btowncolt

Back to top Go down