Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marriage

+7
N8R
RogerAGlenn33
sig
btowncolt
The Toxic Avenger
Ms. Piggy
balloon
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: Marriage

Post by bellisimo Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:52 am

my mom has been talking about me getting married a few times lately but at this moment in time im just not in that state of mind to be committed and to settle down...maybe cause i haven't met a girl yet that made me think "she is the one"

do i wanna get married? when im around 30...sure...

bellisimo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:36 pm

I want to get married some day I guess... Its just so hard to find the right balance of Guests vs. Money.

That and Time, Location, Service, Reception, Alcohol, etc are always hassles to decide on and organize.

Anybody got any good tips or suggestions on how to make a wedding easier? OTHER than not having one...
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Piggy Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Ugh...I wish I knew TA. I loved planning the colors, bridal party, cake, etc, but when it came to figuring out location and money I got frustrated.

I guess, first and foremost, make sure the wedding/reception is what you want!!! Both sets of parents and friends will try and suggest things, and some of the time it's great advice, but just make sure it's what is right for you!
I know when I was planning I told some people that we were thinking of having it in the church and people seemed upset that there wouldn't be alcohol, but Nash and I were going for "Wedding on a Budget". For us to have alcohol meant getting an expensive venue with a ridiculously high catering minimum and it made my head hurt to think about planning all of that.

In the end we just had the reception in the church hall. It was a mingling and saying hi kind of reception, no music or alcohol. We served meatballs, veggie tray, fruit tray, and cheese/cracker/summer sausage tray, and delicious cake Smile After everyone left for home around 5 or so, most of the family and close friends went to the pizza place across the street (Matt and I included Wink Then people got alcohol and a full meal.

If you want to save money on food and stuff have the wedding around 2. It's late enough that people just ate lunch and ends before dinner, so you can get away with serving finger food rather than a 3 course meal!
Ms. Piggy
Ms. Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum