Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip Planning

3 posters

Go down

Trip Planning Empty Trip Planning

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 am

I consider myself pretty good at planning trips but I've never traveled great distances as "the responsible" one. I know I'd need a passport and some cash reserves but I looking to you more experienced travelers to tell me how to do it!

I plan on going to Canada but I don't think I'll get to see too much of it... probably just a small swath. How much money should I save up for Canada? How long should I plan on staying?

Eventually I'd like to go to Australia AND New Zealand someday. Probably all of NZ that I can and a good chunk of Aussie country as well. I'm planning on roughing it to keep costs down but it'd be a long trip to see so much stuff. A month at least! How much would I need then?

Any tips you guys have that can help me see and do the most with as little cost as possible?

Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Trip Planning Empty Re: Trip Planning

Post by N8R Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am

For Canada it really depends on how long you want to stay and where you want to go. If you want to see BC and Alberta (the nicest part and most common tourist attractions) and there is Hostels there which are the cheapest way to stay. If you are wanting to travel in Ontario then you would want to be more in cottage country and if you want to keep it cheap you could camp, rent a campervan or do hotels. I would offer up my place but it is my parents so I cant.

There are a number of factors into Money savings so matter where you travel to. You could do a week in Canada for about $1000 if you were doing hotels about $500 maybe without. I always try to have plenty of money when I go somewhere.

As far as NZ and Australia it depends again on length of time. If you are wanting to see all of NZ and some of Aussie I would suggest doing it all at once. You need at least a month for each NZ Island and then you can plan on what you want to see in Aussie and go from there. To see all of Aussie you would need a long long time. If you go for just one month do New Zealand cause you will see more.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 am

Yeah, I'm making travel my new goal in life. SO, if and when I save up a lot of dough I'll be more than happy to stay a few months. I'll either do it all in the same year or so... quit my job or take a "Permanent" vacation, sell everything I own and move the extra stuff back into my old room at my parents house.

I guess a lot of this depends on how much money I can save up and if my lady friend is going with me or not. I'm not anticipating anyone coming along but it'd be nice if folks could come and meet me here and there.

I'd like to see Europe too but that will be last.
Canada first to see how "International" travel goes.
Then New Zealand and THEN Australia and scuba diving.
Then Europe, maybe.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:16 am

Canada is just like the states except we have coloured money. You wont find much difference really.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 am

Well, you have to take into account the fact that we have legalized the hunting of human beings here. It'll be "Yank" season by the time you get here, TA.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 am

You aren't supposed to tell them sweabs
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 am

N8R wrote: and there is Hostels there which are the cheapest way to stay

I KNEW that movie was true. You sick b*stards.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down