Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wire

5 posters

Go down

The Wire Empty The Wire

Post by N8R Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Sure it may have ended a few years ago but the show is still the best I have ever had the pleasure of watching. 5 seasons was not enough.

I know it is not just me that likes the show. According to imdb.com over 25,000 people have voted and it has a 9.7/10 rating which is the highest I have come across for a tv with that many votes. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/

The ensemble cast of real actors allowed the creators the freedom to follow different characters each episode so you never got bored with one story or another. It almost go to the point that they tried to cover too much ground in an episode when you just wanted to see what Bubbles or Omar was up to for a full hour.

The Wire Wire-poster

Bubbles
The Wire Bubbles

Omar
The Wire Ep05_omar_walk_street

Cast
The Wire Simon-and-cast
The Wire Softball4
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The Wire Empty Re: The Wire

Post by kuq_e_zi91 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:00 am

Greatest show ever. You can't go wrong with any season really, but my favorite would be either season 1 or 3 where the focus is more on the street. I absolutely loved the whole Barksdale vs Omar vs Marlo angle. The school season was pretty crazy too.
kuq_e_zi91
kuq_e_zi91

Back to top Go down

Post by Pig Nash Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 am

The whole thing is ridiculously good. 5 is probably the weakest but it's still great. Order probably goes:

And I wasn't so sure on 2 but it really grew on me. So those are 5 of the best seasons of TV I've ever watched. And I've watched a lot of TV.
Pig Nash
Pig Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by kuq_e_zi91 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:06 am

Pig Nash wrote:The whole thing is ridiculously good. 5 is probably the weakest but it's still great. Order probably goes:

And I wasn't so sure on 2 but it really grew on me. So those are 5 of the best seasons of TV I've ever watched. And I've watched a lot of TV.

Exactly my order.
kuq_e_zi91
kuq_e_zi91

Back to top Go down

Post by cdash Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:10 am

I downloaded all the seasons, watched 1 and 2 all the way through, loved it. Then, I fucked up and watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3, and then watched the last 2 of the season. Couldn't figure out what had happened. Completely ruined the season for me.
cdash
cdash

Back to top Go down

Post by Pig Nash Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:28 am

cdash, go back and rewatch it in order. It's supposed to be suspenseful but it's good in it's own right even without any big twists for you. And 4/5 are also really good.
Pig Nash
Pig Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:55 pm

My roommate junior year (I hated him, sharing an apartment with him was torture) was on The Wire. He was in the scene where they procticed "restuant etiquette"

My boss last yaer (the head RA for our building) lives next to the kid who plays Michael. I was told he was a nice guy on set, but she said he is very full of himself.

The Wire is one of the few shows I can put in at any time and just LOVE! A great series!

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Which one was Michael? and what scene are you referring too? When Colvin takes the 3 kids to the restaurant and they eat or when they are in the classroom trying to literally practice manors and dinner etiquette?

The Wire is Cool Beans. I can only watch it in order though so every once in a while I start from number one and go right through to the series finale, i can't just turn on a random episode.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 pm

N8R wrote:Which one was Michael? and what scene are you referring too? When Colvin takes the 3 kids to the restaurant and they eat or when they are in the classroom trying to literally practice manors and dinner etiquette?

The class room part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTO-2OB0WQ He is the one who gets the menu in this scene. He also is in a few other scenes

Random sidenote: I also had a friend who made it to the final call backs on the new power rangers series. Really impressive considering he is only one year out of college

The Wire is Cool Beans. I can only watch it in order though so every once in a while I start from number one and go right through to the series finale, i can't just turn on a random episode.

I agree. I started from one a while ago, but did not get very far

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm

He plays Kwame eh? Isn't he in more scenes that just that one then? Cause that classroom stays the same for the most part if I remember correctly.

The closest thing I have to a claim to fame is the Megan Park went to my public school and high school. We talked a few times but I never would call her a friend. She plays Grace on The Secret Life of an American Teenager (funny cause she's Canadian).

The Wire Cast+Megan+Park+as+Grace

Yeah I started on episode one a long time (probably a year ago) got to the end of season 4 and didn't have season 5 so I stopped. I will probably re-start at some point. I would love to watch it with Sweabs cause he is missing out.

N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Yes he was Kwame. I only remember him from those scenes (he was in the classroom a bit, maybe I do not remember him because he did not speak often.)

I went to HS with professional runner and mile record holder Alan Webb.

Fame is overrated to me. I love acting, but I really do not care if I make it big. I just want to make enogh money to be happy

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 pm

BTW, I know that girl! Not know her, but of my good freinds loves that show and loves her. She visits from time to time and makes me watch it with he, lol.

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm

hahaha that is funny, now you can tell her you know someone who knows her hahaha. I watched the show a few times just to see her cause I still think it is pretty funny. I remember seeing her in a few plays in town and seeing her at bars in the summer before she took off to LA. I am sure she still comes back to London when she can but like I said, she was never a friend, she went to the same school.

I wouldn't want fame either, I would like to just be happy and content, being recognized everywhere I went would get old in a big hurry.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum