Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best News Source?

+5
kester
Trader Joe
balloon
cdash
RogerAGlenn33
9 posters

Go down

Best News Source? Empty Best News Source?

Post by RogerAGlenn33 Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I prefer www.democracynow.org. Thoughts?

RogerAGlenn33

Back to top Go down

Best News Source? Empty Re: Best News Source?

Post by cdash Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 am

Twitter?
cdash
cdash

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 am

My favourite is www.rabble.ca

I also frequent the BBC and Toronto Star.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trader Joe Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:08 am

I go to Drudge a lot.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by kester Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:04 am

kester
kester

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Guardian UK, NYTimes, LA Times, NPR.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get accused of reading "liberal" rags. But I think that the whole core of journalism should be founded on spreading the truth and uncovering evil. This requires government transparency, giving voice to those who have little voice, and allowing for expert opinion. Does any of that sound even remotely like conservative values? No.

Mixing conservatism with journalism is like mixing peanut butter and tuna salad. I don't want to eat that sandwich.
Los Angeles
Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Los Angeles wrote:Guardian UK, NYTimes, LA Times, NPR.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get accused of reading "liberal" rags. But I think that the whole core of journalism should be founded on spreading the truth and uncovering evil. This requires government transparency, giving voice to those who have little voice, and allowing for expert opinion. Does any of that sound even remotely like conservative values? No.

Mixing conservatism with journalism is like mixing peanut butter and tuna salad. I don't want to eat that sandwich.
I'm not familiar with Guardian UK, but count me in the bunch who has NYTimes & LATimes near the top of my Google Reader.

I've also got NPR as preset #1 on my sirius stiletto Very Happy

The Toronto Star is quite liberal, and rabble is probably so far to the left that you won't hear those opinions anywhere else in a country that likes to tout itself as "reserved". Canadian politics are too often pushed aside as inconsequential compared to the bigger, brighter, glitzier, and more glamorous representation of American politics that we see here (and it makes for better TV on the 24 hour news cycle). As a result, you've got a country full of people who know more about an upcoming American election (actually, they don't know anything besides the juicy 'gossip-like' stories that are shoved down our throats by the mainstream media) than what is going on in their own damn country. It's the sexier option, and it pisses me off when I see people uncritically accept the focus on the "evil, bad American" stories which actually "deserve" our attention...as if to say there is nothing which deserves closer scrutiny here in our own backyard. Thus, you need to tun to rabble I say!
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by sig Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I just heap a batshit of publications into my Google Reader and try to make my daily news a hodgepodge of different sources. There's a lot of liberal sources in there, but there's other stuff too, and I'm pretty certain I've caught at least a few conservative rags in there. I also try to hunt down blogs led by a person who has specialized in a particular subject, and then throw them into the heap just to get a sense of their perspective. . .

sig

Back to top Go down

Post by sig Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 pm

And I abhor blogs that merely aggregate links. Too many linkapalooza posts and they get deleted. Post your own effing thoughts, dammit.

sig

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am

I honestly do not follow any news source, it is all depressing to me. I read the local newspaper every once in a while but nothing on a daily basis other than this forum, Yahoo NBA and facebook hahaha.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bellisimo Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

i like digg.com
you can see pretty much all the up and coming popular news in one place...

bellisimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down