Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Usain Bolt beaten by . . .

2 posters

Go down

Usain Bolt beaten by . . . Empty Usain Bolt beaten by . . .

Post by balloon Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Your boy, Tyson Gay! Well done!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Usain Bolt beaten in Stockholm 100
August 07, 2010
The Canadian Press
Link

STOCKHOLM—Tyson Gay handed world record-holder Usain Bolt his first loss in two years in the 100 metres at the DN Galan meet Friday, while Canadian Priscilla Lopes-Schliep won a silver medal in women’s hurdles.

Gay finished in 9.84 seconds and always looked in complete control against Bolt, who was straining to keep up by the end of the highly anticipated race. Bolt was second in 9.97.

A sellout crowd at Olympic Stadium was silent before the race between the two fastest men of all time. The tension increased after two false starts.

The sprinters both looked like they left plenty in reserve when they cruised through the heats.

“I’m really happy with the win, even though Usain Bolt isn’t in the best shape,” Gay said. “It was very important to beat someone like that for the fans and the sport. My body worked well today, I was excited and motivated.”

Bolt has run faster this year, timing 9.82 a month ago in Lausanne, Switzerland.

“I think showed that I wasn’t in the best of shape,” Bolt said. “I’m not unbeatable. This is my easy season. If you don’t beat me this season it’s not going to happen next season because next year is a championship year.”

Richard Thompson of Trinidad finished third in 10.10.

Asafa Powell of Jamaica pulled out of the race on Wednesday with a back injury, denying fans the chance to see the first race between the world’s three fastest men since Bolt stormed to the world record of 9.58 last August at the world championships in Berlin.

Lopes-Schliep, of Whitby, finished second in the 100-metre hurdles in 12.59 seconds. Australia’s Sally Pearson won in 12.57 while American Lolo Jones was third in 12.70.

“After my heat, my goal was to get out much faster in the final,” Lopes-Schliep said in an email. “I felt I got out better but it was at hurdle seven I felt my legs start working and I began to reel in the girls. I’m very happy with a second place in such a deep field.”

The result brings Lopes-Schliep within three points of Jones for the overall Diamond League hurdles result.

“This is my second-fastest race of the season so things are coming together very nicely,” said Lopes-Schliep.

Perdita Felicien of Pickering was fifth in 12.79.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Usain Bolt beaten by . . . Empty Re: Usain Bolt beaten by . . .

Post by Trader Joe Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:56 pm

AMERICA!
Trader Joe
Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Silver in women's hurdles! Woo!!!

. . . . . . bounce
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum