Madison Square
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups....

+6
Pig Nash
Ms. Piggy
N8R
sig
balloon
GO!!!!!
10 posters

Go down

Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups.... Empty Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups....

Post by GO!!!!! Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 am

Ahhh, it had to be done...

where do people find people of the other sex, and for those whom are married/ in a relationship, how did you meet your better half...

getting older in life and not being like PN and having the Body of a God and being like Balloon and having a cute dog... I find my self struggling with the usual places, night clubs, pubs...

Where would be a good place to find a potential wife...

University

Pub

Nightclub

Friend of a Friend

Just saying hi to every stranger on the street

Madison Square

Internet Dating

Bowls club

Stalking the local Pensioners Branch or the RSL

Die Alone

Discuss my dear friends....

GO!!!!!
GO!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups.... Empty Re: Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups....

Post by balloon Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Ah, some good points already listed. Madison Square will definitely help you meet chicks; I think horsedick is pretty hot.

From my personal experiences, I've just seemed to stumble upon girls at the right place / right time. There is never any specific location. I have found playing co-ed intramural sports to be a real good place to meet 'em. That way, you're in an environment where everyone is having fun, you're all kind of focused on something (so there are no awkward moments), you can show off your skillllllllz, etc. It's pretty good. And those volleyball girls - ooo - I tell ya...I don't know if you have leagues like this but you should look to join with a friend or two.

Another option I've found to be pretty successful is through volunteering your time. Wherever the place is that you find/meet girls, it's already saying something about them at some level. With the volunteering, you know that they're interested in helping others, they're compassionate, they may have a concern for social issues/justice...who knows. With the sports, you know they're going to be pretty sociable, athletic, concerned about fitness/health, etc.

Anyway, like I said - usually it's just good timing for me, as there really isn't a set place. But those are two options I'd put out there.

(Oh, and getting a dog - wow...during the puppy years, there is no such thing as a girl out of your league that you can't talk to - they're the ones approaching YOU. Of course, I'd never advocate getting a dog for these reasons - but dang... ). bounce
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups.... Empty Re: Meeting People... of the Other Sex.... for Potential Hook Ups....

Post by sig Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Third floor of jordan hall. . .

IMO it's the same as meeting a friend. No specific location, just trust yourself and be friendly and compassionate, go out and see people. . . something will fall into place.

sig

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 pm

As far as meeting people in bars I don't know anyone that has had a lasting relationship through meeting their partner at a bar.

One friend met his girlfriend at a party cause she was related to one of his other friends.

Another met his wife while working

Another met his wife when she moved to London and was living in the same apartment but different room.

Another knew his GF for a few years and always thought she was super hot and one weekend at a party with friends he just hung out with her and moved it to the next level.

The girlfriends I have had I met at school, through my parents, and through friends. I would agree with balloon in that intramural sports would be a good idea, especially since you are the new zealand Larry Bird, take classes that women would take like yoga, or cooking, or classes that you are interested in and hope that girls are in it to.

School can be a great place to meet chick as well, just start off studying with them in a non threatening environment and then see how you get along. I have found that the hottest girls hang out in btowns basement though so if you are ever in the area you might want to stumble down.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

https://madisonsquare.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Piggy Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

The story of Pig Nash and I:

Funny, I just told this story to TA last night.
It was the first day of sophomore year and I got on the bus ready to sit in front of my bus friend and talk to her about her summer, when I noticed that there was this nerdy looking boy sitting in "my seat". My friend introduced him as Matthew. We got to know each other better during our bus trips and since he only lived about a mile away from me we hung out during the summer...just watching movies and hanging out at my house.

He quickly became my best guy friend and when I got a car my senior year I started driving him home after school. We bonded even more on those car rides. I found out much later, that these were the days that he started to like me. The only problem was that I had boyfriends all throughout high school and the beginning of college. He also had girlfriends..we were never single at the same time.

When I moved to college we would talk all the time on Instant Messenger. Over spring break my sophomore year we went to the Indy Zoo and had a lot of fun. We took pictures, joked around, and just had a lot of fun. I was still in a relationship with a guy, but it was going bad. Matt was my go-to guy for advice. He comforted me when I was upset, he complimented me when I felt like the inevitable breakup was my fault, etc. During that zoo trip I started thinking to myself "I can actually see myself dating him".

So my stupid ex cheated on me and broke up with me via Facebook message. Classy huh? I was upset, so Matt came over and we watched a movie and I remember actually cuddling up to him. Nothing crazy...just leaning on him and his arm propped up on my knee and it didn't feel weird. He wanted to immediately start dating, but I made him wait because I didn't want this connection to be rebound feelings. I went to school a week or two later and just couldn't stop thinking about him, so one day I just got on IM and told him we should date. We've been a couple for almost 3 years now...and that's with 2 years being in a long-distance relationship (those suck so much)!

School is a great place to meet people. You can always talk to them about assignments as an in...then maybe hang out...go to parties with them..etc. I have tons of girl friends that have met their long-time boyfriend, fiance, husband through school...and through their friends at school.

I think volunteering or being a part of a club would help if you weren't in school. You and your potential partner would both be passionate about whatever group you were in...so you could just start with that and then do something outside the group...etc.
Ms. Piggy
Ms. Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pig Nash Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 pm

And its a good thing to, I had hit it off pretty well with a girl first week of that year of college, but before I could ask her out andrea got to me.
Pig Nash
Pig Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Piggy Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Whoa...I had no idea!
I got lucky on that one.
Ms. Piggy
Ms. Piggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cdash Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:05 pm

If you want hoodrats, headcases, girls with loose morals (and loose growlers), bars are the way to go. Now that I am sadly done with school, I find that meeting girls who don't completely suck has become a difficult task. Part of that is probably the Evansville aspect, but still, tough sledding out there. I actually agree with the above posts--volunteering is good, and meeting them randomly is good. Almost all of my friends are married, so they are constantly forcing me into awkwardness that I want no part of, so I've become pretty good at making non-awkward conversations.
cdash
cdash

Back to top Go down

Post by kuq_e_zi91 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:49 am

I heard this once from a friend and it's been true so far:

Find your girl in a bar/club and that's what you'll lose her to.
kuq_e_zi91
kuq_e_zi91

Back to top Go down

Post by The Toxic Avenger Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I don't know much about the subject but I'm told that nurses are kinda trampy. Perhaps you can take a CPR class or "First Responder" course if they have those.

I would say that any type of class or course would at least let you meet people. It may not lead to a "Hook up" but you will meet people.

It also helps you pick out what kind of person you might want. To direct the flow of the meeting by choosing courses that interest you or that YOU would find interesting in a lady. Cooking courses show that she is interested in food and allow you an instant 'in' to make her dinner or vice versa, martial arts like kick boxing or self defense for the athletic type. Look into learning another language of a place you want to go and taking a course or search for a tutor. You, again have an instant 'in' with studying or talking about france or whatever interests you.

I suppose these are more geared towards finding a decent bf/gf than a hook up. For that maybe you SHOULD go looking at the bars.
The Toxic Avenger
The Toxic Avenger

Back to top Go down

Post by balloon Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm

kuq_e_zi91 wrote:I heard this once from a friend and it's been true so far:

Find your girl in a bar/club and that's what you'll lose her to.
The problem with this line of thinking is that it excuses men from being taken into the equation. If we're going to assume that any girl you meet at the bar/club needs to be placed under a closer microscope, then the same needs to be said for guys.

Furthermore, it just seems to lump bar/club together. For me, at least, there is a big difference between the two. I know some great girls that are not "party-girls" at all, but will go to the local pub with their friends for a pint or two. Same goes for guys (like me!). There is a difference between these people, and those who go downtown every single weekend, drink obscene amounts of alcohol, look to meet a fuck buddy, and wake up the next day only to start preparing for the following weekend.
balloon
balloon
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by kuq_e_zi91 Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:05 am

balloon wrote:
The problem with this line of thinking is that it excuses men from being taken into the equation. If we're going to assume that any girl you meet at the bar/club needs to be placed under a closer microscope, then the same needs to be said for guys.

Furthermore, it just seems to lump bar/club together. For me, at least, there is a big difference between the two. I know some great girls that are not "party-girls" at all, but will go to the local pub with their friends for a pint or two. Same goes for guys (like me!). There is a difference between these people, and those who go downtown every single weekend, drink obscene amounts of alcohol, look to meet a fuck buddy, and wake up the next day only to start preparing for the following weekend.

Good points, man. I never really took the time to analyze the logic behind it, but you're spot on.

kuq_e_zi91
kuq_e_zi91

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 am

He is just making excuses for all his "pub" nights. When he says pub he is actually referring to all night raves and disco clubs.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:53 pm

I agree with whoever said it just happens.

I got luck at University, but now I am laying low. I figure when it is meant to happen it will happen.

That said I do not want a relationship at all. I could have dated one of my residents last year, and though it was against policy, we got clsoe right after I broke up with one of my ex's. I wanted to wait, and she hated me for it.

I kind of got back with my ex, but honestly I do not care about relationships right now. New job, money, house, but relationships are not even on my radar.

Of course last time I said that I was almost engaged. Funny how you normally find what you are looking for when you are not looking for it.

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:09 pm

I wish I didn't care about meeting someone cause then I figure it would happen but I do and I over think things, I don't really meet people and my life is sort of in the air on a number of levels.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pig Nash Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 pm

We have a robin vs Ted himym thing going with va and n8r.
Pig Nash
Pig Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Oh I know I think of that when I talk with sweabs too cause he is just whatever whatever and he will find some awesome chick. I just know that so long as I want it to happen it won't happen properly.
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by sig Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:30 pm

The himym thing is weird. It seems like people always meet a long-term partner when they say "I'm done dating for a while, I'm gonna buckle down on my work."

sig

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:30 pm

exactly, Maybe I should buckle down at my shitty factory job...Done and DONE
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm

What is himym?

SIG, life is weird that way. When I was pressed to get bood up I never could find someone (at least now a keeper)

When I am focused on something else (finding a job, greek life, finances, whatever) then I meet all kinds of cool people.

I am always afriad I will fall into a rut, but I always try to put myself out there and do one crazy thing (audition for a play, send my resume out to LA casting agencies, write for the school newspaper) Gratned I got burned out of $1100 last yaer because I went to work for our school paper, but did not get a claer contract. I should have made 18% commission, instead I made 0.

Sometimes you get rewarded, sometimes you get burned.

I can not speak for bars as I have stayed away from them for a while for a number of reasons. 2 of my girlfriends are a big part of that, but that is a story for another day.

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm

How I Met Your Mother (TV Show)
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down

Post by vapacersfan Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Never heard of it. Weird

vapacersfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8R Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Are you kidding me? You have never heard of How I Met Your Mother? that is a shame...a crying shame. But yeah I am Ted in this situation and someone else is Robin, damn I wish I was Robin... or at least UNDER Robin EHHHHHHOOOOHHHHH
N8R
N8R
Kimmy Gibbler

Back to top Go down